[oe] do_install_append() in Mesa prevents GLAMOR to be enabled in xorg-

Boszormenyi Zoltan zboszor at pr.hu
Fri Dec 19 19:48:31 UTC 2014

Hi,

there is this code in openembedded-core/meta/recipes-graphics/mesa/mesa_9.2.5.bb:

#because we cannot rely on the fact that all apps will use pkgconfig,
#make eglplatform.h independent of MESA_EGL_NO_X11_HEADER
do_install_append() {
    if ${@base_contains('PACKAGECONFIG', 'egl', 'true', 'false', d)}; then
        sed -i -e 's/^#ifdef MESA_EGL_NO_X11_HEADERS/#if
${@base_contains('DISTRO_FEATURES', 'x11', '0', '1', d)}/' ${D}${includedir}/EGL/eglplatform.h
    fi
}

I have used this recipe as a template for Mesa 10.x but didn't pay attention to this part yet.
I also use Xorg 1.16.2. Now, I had to enable GLAMOR in the X-server so support
the radeonsi driver properly in xf86-video-ati but glamor_priv.h in the X-server code
uses #define MESA_EGL_NO_X11_HEADERS to select the behaviour in eglplatform.h.
It doesn't want Xlib.h included.

I think it's mistaken reasoning to select a fixed behaviour based upon the 'x11'
distro feature, since there can be a valid excuse for apps that indeed use
pkgconfig. xserver-xorg is a pretty fundamental piece to break.

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi