[oe] Packaging issue in rdk-generic-image

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 18:54:54 UTC 2014

On Sat, Feb 8, 2014 at 10:51 PM, Ridish Rema Aravindan
<ridishonline at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> While compiling for RDK emulator for rdk-generic-image I see that
> gst-plugins-good, base and bad are not
> installed in the rootfs after I generated the vmdk first time.
>
> So I tried giving FILES_${PN} += " ${libdir}/gstreamer-0.10/*.so" in
> bbappend of gst-plugins in meta-rdk but the build failed as below:

if you do not see packages  in your images then you should add the
packages to IMAGE_INSTALL either via packagegroups or individual
package names.

If they were unpackaged in gst-plugins-* recipes then above change
will be good however the regexp is greedy. Usually *.so.* go into
packages and system should already take care of packaging *.so into
-dev packages

You should also include the changes you are making as well as your
image/packagegroups recipes and any other information like it compiled
fine on arm but not on x86 etc. to help you out better.