[oe] [meta-qt5] qmake5_base.bbclass question

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 13:43:47 UTC 2014

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 01:05:10PM +0000, Michael Burgett -X (burgetm - CLEARPATH WORKFORCE MANAGEMENT INC at Cisco) wrote:
> Hello Martin,

Hello Michael,

> I'm working on incorporating the meta-qt5 layer in a yocto tree here at Cisco, and have run into an issue. Being new to Yocto and Qt, I don't trust myself to know if I'm correctly analyzing my problem, and hope you don't mind the intrusion.

Please use openembedded-devel at lists.openembedded.org for generic
questions like this, use [meta-qt5] tag (like README suggests for
sending patches).

> The symptom I am getting is that when I build qt apps in yocto, after the qt5 stuff has all been built, it looks in the wrong place for the include files.  It's searching in the sysroot /usr/include, instead of sysroot/usr/include/qt5.
>
> I changed a line in qmake5_base.bbclass:
>
> Headers = ${OE_QMAKE_PATH_HEADERS}  => Headers = ${OE_QMAKE_PATH_QT_HEADERS}
>
> so the line in the created qt.conf would be
>
> Headers = /usr/include/qt5  instead of Headers = /usr/include
>
> and this solves my problem.
>
> Is this line incorrect, or do I have another configuration problem somewhere, causing this problem?

It's correct, the reason is that not every qmake built project actually
needs to use Qt headers, so they are not included by default, see
https://github.com/meta-qt5/meta-qt5/wiki/Building-with-OE#wiki-bad-include-paths-and-build-failing-to-find-qt5-headers

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com