[oe] GDM alternative?

Adam Lee adam.yh.lee at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 21:24:03 UTC 2014

Hello everyone, I am sure this has been asked before but I haven't found a
solution.

I am currently integrating GDM to my XFCE image. I was hoping that it's as
easy as adding GDM as the graphical init manager (in local.conf), but it
looks like PolicyKit, Console Kit, PAM, gconf, gconf-sanity (as per
meta-angstrom) all need to be correctly configured for GDM to work. This
integration of multiple frameworks is not what I had in mind. So I am now
searching for alternative - something more lightweight and with less
dependency.

meta-oe contains another login manager 'slim', except it's no longer
maintained and has been moved to nonworking directory within the tree. I
don't see any other.

Thank you,

Adam