[oe] New recipes and recipes from oe-classic

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Feb 24 12:15:34 UTC 2014

Hi Diego,

On Monday 24 February 2014 08:42:39 Diego Sueiro wrote:
> What are the policies to add new recipes and recipes from openembedded
> classic?
> I could not found anything about this in openembedded wiki page.

I don't know if there really are policies, other than:

* Find a layer where the recipe fits in; or, if the recipe fits into a new
category and there are likely to be others added soon that will also fit into
it, create a new layer; otherwise, add it to meta-oe.

* Note in the commit message that the recipe is being migrated over from OE-
Classic.

As far as the migration goes please refer to the following wiki page:

  http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/Migrating_metadata_to_OE-Core

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Paul