[oe] python-netifaces in oe?

Tobias Blom tobias.blom at techne-dev.se
Mon Feb 24 18:42:21 UTC 2014

On 24 feb 2014, at 18:43, Paul Eggleton <paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com> wrote:

> On Monday 24 February 2014 09:41:45 Khem Raj wrote:

>>> There has been some discussion about creating a meta-python layer (within
>>> the meta-openembedded repository) for these kinds of recipes. I think the
>>> time has come to actually do that, before we add any further python
>>> recipes to the general meta-oe layer. Could someone send a patch to
>>> create meta-python?
>>
>> meta-python is good. I always worry about layer being maintained, in fact I
>> have some python 3 extra recipes that I wanted to contribute which dont
>> belong to core.
>
> Agreed, continued maintenance is important. I would be happy to be co-
> maintainer of this if someone else will help me out...

I’m pretty new to OE/Yocto, but if you need me, I can also help out.

Maybe it’s appropriate for me to introduce myself. My name is Toby. I live in Linköping, Sweden and run a company called Techne Development. I do both consulting and product development, and am currently working on a project where I use Yocto to build an embedded system for a client. I’m also an iOS developer.

I have been working with Wind River Linux for a couple of years on a project, although the project was looking into changing to Yocto, but I never stayed that long in the project.

/Toby