[oe] NetworkManger's glib schemas are not getting compiled

Adam Lee adam.yh.lee at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 23:08:41 UTC 2014

Hello everyone, I'm on 1.5.1 at the moment. My image includes XFCE and
Gnome's Network Manager. The network manager applet cannot be accessed
because the schema associated with it is not compiled.

Error I get:

(nm-applet: 891): settings schema 'org.gnome.nm-applet' is not installed

It works as long as I run this:

$ glib-compile-schemas /usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas

However this should be part of post installation process. I am not sure
what I am missing. Any guidance will be appreciated!

Adam