[oe] GDM alternative?

Stephen Arnold stephen.arnold42 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 22:29:06 UTC 2014

It's a bit more subtle than just "obvious advantage" since the deps are
different, config options are different, etc.  Slim is probably "lighter"
than lxdm, in both features and dependency bloat.  The former pretty
depends only on X11 libs and png (with optional pam and dbus/consolekit
integration).  OTOH, lxdm has about the same pam/consolekit features, but
depends on gtk[2|3].  So, a bit fancier and a little more bloat.  Which one
do you think is easier to theme?  ;)