[oe] ASSUME_PROVIDED += sqlite3-native doesn't work

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Jan 6 09:46:17 UTC 2014

Hi Detlef,

On Sunday 05 January 2014 23:29:31 Detlef Vollmann wrote:
> Specifying "ASSUME_PROVIDED += sqlite3-native" doesn't work,
> as pseudo-native explicitely requires SQLite headers in
> ${STAGING_DIR_NATIVE}.
> Am I missing something or is this a bug?

I don't think we'd consider this a bug. Basically, if you play around with
ASSUME_PROVIDED and stuff breaks, you're on your own. In most cases it's safer
to build our own versions of things rather than relying on them being
available on the build host, particularly if you want things to continue to
work on different host distributions.

Cheers,
Paul

--