[oe] [meta-java] openjdk-6-common ipk package - wrong dependency - unable to install

Mariusz Ryndzionek mryndzionek at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 08:21:55 UTC 2014

Hi,

The openjdk-6-common ipk package depends on openjdk-6-vm-zero. It creates
circular dependency and opkg is unable to install Java. This issue was
introduced by the patch:
d0eeda3107951433db2b6d4ed602573ae52e166e
openjdk: link libjvm.so from hotspot to archdir

Linking the libjvm.so causes shlibdeps to pull the dependency into RDEPENDS.
Unfortunately I'm not able to fix this by myself but I think it is quite
serious issue and I hope it will be fixed soon.

Best regards,