[oe] meta-qt5: dependency loop for egl-library build by qmake

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 18:31:57 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 07:00:07PM +0100, Andreas Müller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Found a libegl which is build by qmake. This turns into a dependency loop:
>
> * qtbase ships mkspec and depends on egl (if enabled by packageconfig)
> * the driver needs mkspec to build
>
> I see two possible way to get out:
>
> 1. in qmake5.bbclass set 'OE_QMAKE_PLATFORM ?= "linux-oe-g++"' Hereby
> the driver can ship and select a copy of linux-oe-g++ with a different
> name. Disadvantage: in case something is changed on mkspec the copy
> needs alignment.

Does it need whole mkspecs or just some smaller portion from it?

> 2. Split out mkspec into a recipe. qmake5.bbclass can then depend on
> that recipe. Disadvantage: in case linux-oe-g++ finds it's way to
> mainline this won't work no more.

I don't expect linux-oe-g++ ever going to upstream, I was talking about
it with qt devs and they either didn't understand why we need it or
didn't like it (as it's "too generic" spec unlike other upstream specs)

Splitting it to separate recipe and reusing it from sysroot instead of
build dir seems like another change which we'll never upstream.

What about providing enough of target-agnostic mkspecs in qtbase-native
and build libegl just with qtbase-native?

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com