[oe] State of the art for creating an image that you can dd to an SD card

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Sat Jul 5 22:05:05 UTC 2014

Hello Philip,

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 8:14 PM, Philip Balister <philip at balister.org> wrote:
> What's the best available solution for creating an image you can dd to
> an SD card? It seems like this wheel has been invented several times and
> I am wondering if people are converging on one approach.
>
> Bonus points for resizing the linux partition.
>
> How are people doing this today?

Sorry for the late reply.

First I'd like to support that 'wic' is the longterm solution for it
but it lacks good docs and has limited support for non-x86 based
archs. We've been doing it in meta-fsl-arm for a while[1].

1. http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-fsl-arm/tree/classes/image_types_fsl.bbclass

Different of TI's code it does not need root to run.