[oe] overriding tasks with EXPORT_FUNCTIONS

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Mon Jul 14 12:30:28 UTC 2014

On 14 July 2014 13:20, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:
> but, as far as i can tell, that is the only class that requires a
> package name hook, and it simply defines its own implementation -- it
> does nothing with package.bbclass and makes no reference to the
> exported function package_package_name_hook(). so am i just
> misunderstanding something? what was the point of defining and
> exporting that function in package.bbclass if no other class takes
> advantage of it?

So there needs to be an empty implementation and EXPORT_FUNCTION for
package_package_name_hook so that you don't get "cannot find function
package_name_hook" when you don't have the debian.bbclass enabled.

In cleaning that up I proposed removing the EXPORT_FUNCTION entirely
for the hook, but Richard recalled there being something out there
that did use the ability to chain up into debian.bbclass's
implementation, so I kept it.

Ross