[oe] i'm assuming some "do_<task>[dirs] =" directives are redundant, yes?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sun Jul 27 12:10:22 UTC 2014

On Sat, 26 Jul 2014, Christopher Larson wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 5:43 AM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca>
> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 21 Jul 2014, Christopher Larson wrote:

> > > 'dirs' isn't just a list of dirs to create, it also sets the current
> > > working directory for the task. The last directory listed is where
> > > the path is set.
> >
> >   is that documented anywhere? the "variable flags" section of the
> > bitbake user manual says nothing about that last obviously significant
> > property.
>
> Good question, I have no idea :) Clearly it should be somewhere.

  actually, while i'm there:

http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/bitbake-user-manual/bitbake-user-manual.html#variable-flags

anything else i should add just to make it a single patch? (yes, i
realize this should have gone to the bitbake list at this point but
let's just finish it off here and be done with it.)

  it occurs that one could mention variable flags like [doc] in that
section since, technically, that section is entitled "Variable Flags",
not just "Task Flags", even though it is clearly discussing only task
flags, which seems a touch incomplete.

  and just so i'm clear on this, one does not need to pre-declare
variable flags anywhere, right? one can just start using them, yes?
that's probably worth mentioning as well as, on a regular basis, my
students ask, "where do i declare that thing that looks like a
subscript?"

  anyway, any suggestions as to what else can go in there while i
ponder what to add/change?

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca