[oe] [meta-qt5] Building and running issues on Raspberry Pi

Felix01 Fischer felix01.fischer at iav.de
Tue Jun 3 08:41:38 UTC 2014

Please find my comments inline

> Von: Stephen Arnold <stephen.arnold42 at gmail.com>
> An: openembedded-devel at lists.openembedded.org,
> Datum: 30.05.2014 09:21
> Betreff: Re: [oe] Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: [meta-qt5] Building and
> running issues on Raspberry Pi
> Gesendet von: openembedded-devel-bounces at lists.openembedded.org
>
> I haven't really played with this end of rpi graphics much, but here are
> couple of things to check.  The vc-graphics, vg-graphics-hardfp, and
> userland packages are all involved in rpi graphics.  The first two
conflict
> with each other, and there appears to be init scripts involved.  It
looks
> like maybe both userland and one of the vc-graphics packages are
required
> and some initial load/init stuff has to happen?  That's about all I got,
> please post if you get it working.  My rpi build has nice working audio
but
> it would be cool to have full graphics support...

Thank you very much for your input!
Maybe yout got me going on the right path:

Going trough the meta-raspberry/recipes-bcm/vc-graphics [1]  folder I
noticed something in line 10 in meta-raspberry/recipes-bcm/vc-graphics/
files/egl.pc [2]

"Cflags: -I${includedir}/vc -I${includedir}/interface
-I${includedir}/interface/vcos -I${includedir}/interface/vcos/pthreads"

I always had to add "-I${includedir}/interface/vcos/pthreads" manually
(mostly via "QT_CONFIG_FLAGS += " in  local.conf) otherwise qtbase won't
compile, because it didn't find pthreads.

The commit message for egl.pc states
"This package adds a egl.pc file for use with libEGL (it is necessary to
specify a custom include paths for the compiler due to brokenness in the
firmware header files)." [3]

Maybe this is the root of my problems if qtbase and therefore my own
programm and qtcinematicexperience aswell dont inherit this file and it's
paths. Maybe my workaround has some nasty side effects.

Now I have to figure out how a *.pc file works with bitbake :-)

PS: I also needed to specify -device and -device-option CROSS_COMPILE= via
QT_CONFIG_FLAGS. Maybe this should be done via meta-raspberrypi, too?

Regards,

Felix

[1]
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-raspberrypi/tree/recipes-bcm/vc-graphics