[oe] [meta-opie] Avoid opie-image-16mb resulting in a 21 MB JFFS2 image

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Jun 18 15:57:01 UTC 2014

Hi Andreas,

On Wednesday 18 June 2014 16:09:13 Andreas Wick wrote:
> I currently try to build opie-image-16mb for simpad. Unfortunately the
> image is about 21 MB large whereas my available ROM is just 16MB.
> Is there any way to strip down the image such that it the image will be
> smaller than 16MB?

It has probably been quite some time since the 16mb image was built and used.
The first thing to do would be to look at its current contents and try to see
where space is being consumed - the information produced for the image with
buildhistory (in particular installed-package-sizes.txt) should be useful for
that - see:

http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#maintaining-build-output-quality

If you could let me know what you find that would be great.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton