[oe] State of the art for creating an image that you can dd to an SD card

Diego Sueiro diego.sueiro at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 23:45:50 UTC 2014

Hi Philip,

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 8:27 PM, Philip Balister <philip at balister.org>
wrote:

> On 06/25/2014 04:13 PM, Diego Sueiro wrote:
> > Hi Denys,
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 3:55 PM, Denys Dmytriyenko <denis at denix.org>
> wrote:
> >
> >> http://cgit.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/tree/scripts/wic
> >>
> >> But indeed, better documentation would be most appreciated.
> >

> > I didn't have a chance to take a look and test wic tool.
> > Do you know if it can be used to generate sdcard images for TI's Sitara
> > SoCs?
> > The _problem_ for creating a sdcard image for Sitara is the configuration
> > of Heads, Sectors and Cylinders that should be passed to sfdisk and needs
> > to be done as root.
>
> This isn't true.
>
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/beagleboard/ro5k5r4Cuq4
>
> I've avoided the CHS business for ages and haven't had trouble booting

Thanks for the link.

About 3 yeas ago I have issues with this using an industrial 2GB uSD from
Delkin Devices with am3517. And as far as I remember I just got it working
with CHS configuration.

I'm going to test it again with a Sandisk uSD and am3359 to see if it
remains. But I don't have a Delkin uSD and am3517 anymore :(

Regards,

--
*dS
Diego Sueiro