[oe] daisy branch for meta-openembedded, meta-qt5 / maintainer wanted

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Mon May 5 16:45:14 UTC 2014

On Mon, May 05, 2014 at 09:32:04AM -0700, Adam Lee wrote:
> Hi JaMa, what does it take to be a maintainer?
>
> Do I need to build check all the packages everyday?

Definitely no everyday, there are more patches coming in just after the
release, but later it's something like 1-5 patches in month.

So it doesn't need much time, but it's always good when it's done by
someone else then master maintainer (to setup separate builds etc).

Possibly more time is spent on watching the ML, because many people
don't read README file and instead of following the proper procedure for
backports to relase branches they just say somewhere in ML "BTW: also
merge this to dora".

You can also have some co-maintainer if you find way to split the work
without duplicating it.

I'm fine with scheme where maintainer sends me consolidated pull-request
and I'll merge it for him to actual branch (so that he doesn't even need
R/W to main repo).

BTW: If you don't mind, then I'll forward this to oe-devel as well for
other possible volunteers.

Cheers,