[oe] Website Text

Jack Mitchell ml at communistcode.co.uk
Tue May 6 15:52:08 UTC 2014

On 06/05/14 16:47, Trevor Woerner wrote:
> On 3 May 2014 05:15, Jack Mitchell wrote:
>> The current website address is http://frontpage.openembedded.org/
>
> My feeling is that there is a chance people will be coming to the OE
> website with a board already in front of them, looking to find out if
> OE supports it and how they might go about creating an image for
> what's on their desk.
>
> As such I think a set of links to various OE project website might be
> useful, organized by board:
>
> freescale: http://freescale.github.io/
> gumstix: https://github.com/gumstix/Gumstix-YoctoProject-Repo/blob/master/README.md
> beaglebone: http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/ (?)
> various intel boards: ??

This would probably be best implemented as a link to Wiki page from the
'Documentation' header. The list of boards is always in a state of flux
so should be able to edited by anyone in the know.

With a new front page taking the place of the wiki front page, there
will also be a lot more scope for interesting links on the wiki
frontpage to interesting content, it would make a good candidate to go
there too IMO.

--
  Jack Mitchell (jack at embed.me.uk)
  Embedded Systems Engineer