[oe] [meta-qt5] Building and running issues on Raspberry Pi

Diego Sueiro diego.sueiro at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 16:15:46 UTC 2014

Felix,

I don't if you could get Qt5 running on Rpi.

If not I suggest you to take a look at this recipe:
https://bitbucket.org/embarcados/meta-embarcados/src/434dc81fcb7fe630c107ef172afc33ce62e335db/meta-rpi/recipes-qt/qt5/qtbase_5.3.%25.bbappend?at=daisy

Note that vc-graphics is used instead of userland:
https://bitbucket.org/embarcados/meta-embarcados/src/434dc81fcb7fe630c107ef172afc33ce62e335db/meta-rpi/conf/machine/include/rpi-default-providers.inc?at=daisy

This is my bbblayers.conf:
BBLAYERS ?= " \
  ${TOPDIR}/../poky-daisy/meta-embarcados \
  ${TOPDIR}/../poky-daisy/meta-embarcados/meta-rpi \
  ${TOPDIR}/../poky-daisy/meta-raspberrypi \
  ${TOPDIR}/../poky-daisy/meta-qt5 \
  ${TOPDIR}/../poky-daisy/meta-openembedded/meta-oe \
  ${TOPDIR}/../poky-daisy/meta \
  ${TOPDIR}/../poky-daisy/meta-yocto \
  "

All layers in daisy branch and only meta-qt5 on master.

Additionally you have to set GPU_MEM = "128" on your local.conf.

I've tested the Cinematics Experience demo and everything is working like a
charm.

Regards,

--
*dS