[oe] systemd support for recipes in meta-openembedded

Randy MacLeod randy.macleod at windriver.com
Wed Sep 3 15:05:54 UTC 2014

On 14-09-03 03:28 AM, ChenQi wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> In the next period, we are going to add systemd support (mostly systemd
> unit files) to recipes in meta-oe, meta-networking and meta-webserver.
>
> If some of you are interested in doing such work, or you have being
> doing work in this area, please let us know so that we don't duplicate
> work.
>
> Best Regards,
> Chen Qi

Here's the list of recipes for which we _intend_ to
add systemd support over the coming weeks:

meta-oe:

  collectd        Script: collectd
  postgresql      Script: postgresql-server
  samba           Script: samba winbind
  smartmontools   Script: smartd

meta-networking:

  arptables       Script: arptables
  conntrack-tools Script: conntrackd conntrack-failover
  ebtables        Script: ebtables
  init-ifupdown   Script: networking
  memcached       Script: memcached
  netcf           Script: (?????)
  proftpd         Script: proftpd
  quagga          Script: quagga watchquagga
  radvd           Script: radvd
  rp-pppoe        Script: pppoe-server
  snort           Script: snort
  tftp-hpa        Script: tftpd-hpa
  vsftpd          Script: vsftpd
  xl2tpd          Script: xl2tpd

meta-webserver:

  nginx           Script: nginx
  nostromo        Script: nostromo
  webmin          Script: webmin

I looked for systemd bbappends using:
    http://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/branch/master/recipes/
but didn't find any.

I need to figure out what if anything to do with meta-systemd.
The intent of that layer has probably been explained in the email logs
and I suspect that I should look at how meta-angstrom uses it but
I won't have time to do those investigations until later today.

--
# Randy MacLeod. SMTS, Linux, Wind River
Direct: 613.963.1350