[oe] Where to place a new recipe for epeg

Andreas Baak andreas.baak at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 07:51:18 UTC 2015

Subject: meta-openembedded/meta-efl/recipes-efl/efl/epeg_svn.bb

Hi all,

epeg is a fast jpeg scaling tool, originally developed in the efl
project https://www.enlightenment.org/ . In the current version of efl,
the source code of epeg is not present anymore since the tool is
deprecated. Its functionality has become obsolete by Evas
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enlightenment_Foundation_Libraries#Defunct.2Fdeprecated_EFL_components).
The source code of epeg is kept in a legacy repository
https://svn.enlightenment.org/svn/e/OLD/ . The current epeg recipe
downloads the sources from this legacy repository.

The code for epeg has been adopted and improved by mattes
(https://github.com/mattes/epeg).
I would like to replace the recipe efl/epeg_svn.bb by a new recipe
epeg_git.bb.
However, I am not sure if will be accepted to delete the
efl/epeg_svn.bb. Also, I don't know in which folder to put it.
meta-openembedded/meta-efl/recipes-efl/efl would not be a good option
since epeg does not belong to efl anymore.

Any thoughts?
Cheers,
Andreas