[oe] Clang cross compiler with OpenEmbedded

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 02:27:41 UTC 2015

Hi Roman

> On Aug 25, 2015, at 3:52 AM, Roman Khimov <roman at khimov.ru> wrote:
>
> В письме от 25 августа 2015 01:03:07 пользователь Khem Raj написал:
>> We have put together clang as system cross compiler support into
>> OpenEmbedded, here is a writeup on how to use it in your setups.
>>
>> http://himvis.com/using-clang-with-openembeddedyocto-project/
>
> Do you have any plans to support scan-build analysis?

Yes but its in back burners so patches are welcome! I do use scan-build with some native application
projects but thats very simple setup to have.
I think it should be easy enough to add a class to insert the static analysis
given we can configure clang as cross compiler,

Right now my priorities are to use subset of arches e.g. x86/arm

1. Fix compile issues for OE-Core, reach to a point where all packages can build we have around 40 failing in world builds
2. Start using compiler-rt and libc++ to provide compiler c/c++ runtime
3. Repeat 1 to 2 with musl
4. Repeat 1 to 3 for remaining architectures
5. Start using other tools e.g. lldb, native linker and integrated as system wide

So this can take a while.