[oe] meta-java - recent commits break foreign (MY!) builds ...

Richard Leitner richard.leitner at skidata.com
Mon Aug 31 13:39:09 UTC 2015

On 08/31/2015 03:06 PM, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 4:33 AM, Richard Leitner
> <richard.leitner at skidata.com> wrote:
>>> The point is Java is complex and we have few people working on this so
>>> I prefer one well maintained version than 3 oddly ones.
>>
>> I understand that. But currently I have no need for openjdk-8. Therefore
>> my focus is on keeping openjdk-7 up to date.
>
> Sure.
>
> Specially if your app works with OpenJDK 8 I see no much benefit in
> keep using the old version. Do you see it differently?

If we have verified that everything is working as expected with
openjdk-8 we will for sure think of updating to it. But as we have a
quite big application stack and long QA/testing phases this may take
some time.
Therefore we will stay (as far as I can currently tell) at least for
another year with openjdk-7.