[oe] [meta-qt5] GStreamer-1.0 path breaking 0.1 support‏

Gerhard de Clercq gerharddeclercq at outlook.com
Fri Dec 4 22:24:01 UTC 2015

Hi,

I've just wasted a lot of time trying to get qtmultimedia to compile on a Fido build using the Fido branch of meta-qt5. After a lot of tinkering I finally got it working and have found that the problem was caused by the 0001-Initial-porting-effort-to-GStreamer-1.0.patch file that ships with the layer. I initially didn't realize that the troublesome code was coming from it and debugged the cached source (which it seems is patched) until it worked. I didn't think it would be so easy but a patch http://patchwork.openembedded.org/patch/79531/ I found from 2014 completely told me how to correct the source.

What bothers me is how can this can be possible. Are the recipes designed not to apply the patch to non 1.0 build and if so, what could prevent that from working? Otherwise, why is the patch that seems to have been accepted in 2014 to fix the 1.0 breaking 0.1 support not been implemented in the layer yet?

PS. I see the patch file has changed a bit after Fido but unfortunately Fido is the latest that my board supports at the moment and I have not been able to test with a newer version.

Regards,
Gerhard de Clercq