[oe] [meta-qt5] Getting Qt support inside an image toolchain

Gerhard de Clercq gerharddeclercq at outlook.com
Sun Dec 6 12:03:17 UTC 2015

I have found that adding "inherit populate_sdk_qt5" to my image recipe might be what I need. The problem is that it also fails with building some strange modules. I have found though that this can avoided by removing "nativesdk-packagegroup-qt5-toolchain-host" from that recipe. What seems to have the same effect is to add only "TOOLCHAIN_HOST_TASK += "nativesdk-packagegroup-qt5-toolchain-host" to my image recipe. This works fine and compiles. It even adds the qt files to the toolchain but for some reason it seems to break the toolchain installer which then crashes with "Setting it up...ls: cannot access /usr/local/simonsdk/environment-setup-*: No such file or directory".  This leaves me with a partially installed and useless toolchain. I have looked and looked but I cannot seem to figure out how the qt recipes can be causing this, any ideas?