[oe] chromium 40.0.2214.91 doesn't like gcc5.3

Trevor Woerner twoerner at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 15:55:02 UTC 2015

Hi Max,

On 12/30/15 10:26, Max Krummenacher wrote:
> Hi Trevor
>
> Am Mittwoch, den 30.12.2015, 01:18 -0500 schrieb Trevor Woerner:
>> I noticed the recent gcc update from 5.2 to 5.3 in openembedded-core
>> seems to cause meta-browser's chromium build to fail with more
>> warnings being treated as errors.
> I tried to build master with GCC 5.3 for an armv7 target just now.
> The same error that you see pops up.

Thanks for trying this with a different MACHINE and confirming it's
there too.

> I propose to lower the strict-overflow to a warning again to get
> rid of this errors once and for all.
>
> The following made the build work for me:

Is there any way to set the flags per compilation unit, or
per-directory? According to the source layout, the problem is in a file
identified as "third party". In that case it's understandable that
someone else's code has an issue. But it would be nice to keep this flag
for the core chromium build (since that's what the chromium developers set).

Maybe a newer version already has a fix for this in the code (which
would be a better place to fix an issue such as this)?

Best regards,
    Trevor