[oe] connman + wpa_supplicant

MONDON Daniel Daniel.MONDON at lpgsystems.com
Mon Feb 9 10:45:18 UTC 2015

Hi everybody,

Using wpa_supplicant : I have to kill and restart process in order to recover normal cpu % use.

Without WIFI, wpa_supplicant (with connmanctl) is called many times (with my program) and use more and more %CPU.

I will have a look in source code, but is there anybody who can tell me around where?
Or is there any information about wpa_supplicant sources organisation?

Thanks
Daniel.

Hi Cristian,

In angström v2012.05:
Wpa_supplicant v1.0
Connman v1.23

Many calls to connmanctl (services ...) in order to find the network or its strength ...

You can see that without doing anything, wpa_supplicant use almost 0.3 more % CPU after a few calls to connman.
If you wait a few hours (our application looks if wifi is here every time each 10 seconds), wpa_supplicant use more and more %cpu.
Even if wifi is stopper - started.

The only way to reduce wpa_supplicant %CPU is to kill and restart it.

How can i add logs?

If nobody has ever see this problem, perhaps is it still alive in the last release ?

Thanks
Daniel.