[oe] Query on meta-java layer openjdk-7-jre build

Colin Smiley csmiley at icontrol.com
Thu Jan 15 00:23:49 UTC 2015

Earlier this week, I’d sent an email to the list about my problems getting
openjdk-6 to build.

The short version of my build process is:

1) install poky on daisy branch
2) install open embedded on daisy branch
3) install meta-java on trunk
4) attempt to bitbake java-test-image (removing openjdk-7 line).
5) Wait for java CurrencyData failure, fix it manually.
6) re-reun bitbake java-test-image

At this point, my build fails running qemu-i36. The image will use up all
available memory on the system, and then get killed by the linux oom
killer. I have tried this on a variety of OS, VM, physical machine, and
memory combinations. The result is always the same.

Is the problem I’m seeing the same as what you’re describing below?

Also, is there an update to meta-java to fix the CurrencyData problem?

Thanks,

Colin