[oe] Query on meta-java layer openjdk-7-jre build

Max Krummenacher max.oss.09 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 09:57:45 UTC 2015

Hi Colin

> Is the problem I'm seeing the same as what you're describing below?
Probably not.
The GCC cross compiler in my setup produces executables which
Segmentation Fault immediately when linked with --static.
So when qemu-arm is run you get an immediate seg fault.

You could test your gcc / qemu run as follows:
Change the paths/crosscompiler name to your setup, Compile a
helloworld program and run it under qemu.
If the binary compiled with -static fails then you might have the same
or related issue, if not it probably is unrelated.

--- hello.c ---
#include <stdio.h>
int main (void) {
        printf("Hi\n");
        return 0;
}
---------------

$ export SYSROOTS=/build/krm/oe-core_V2.3/build/out-eglibc/sysroots/
$ export PATH=$PATH:${SYSROOTS}/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/
$ export PATH=$PATH:${SYSROOTS}/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/armv7at2hf-vfp-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/
$ STAGING_DIR_TARGET=${SYSROOTS}/colibri-t20/

$ arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc -static hello.c -o hello
$ qemu-arm -L ${STAGING_DIR_TARGET} -E
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${STAGING_DIR_TARGET}/lib hello
qemu: uncaught target signal 11 (Segmentation fault) - core dumped
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

[krm at linuxdev ~]$ qemu-arm -L ${STAGING_DIR_TARGET} -E
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${STAGING_DIR_TARGET}/lib hello

> Also, is there an update to meta-java to fix the CurrencyData problem?
For me this is fixed with:
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-java/commit/?id=a7461bf7393c516c63c49a4b099d659ee467e93e
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-java/commit/?id=c600dd3ab5a6308c513f5fbf7243de1799d9ce62

Regards