[oe] How to create machine/customer specific ntp.conf files

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Thu Jul 2 19:55:32 UTC 2015

I'm going round and round thinking about creating custom ntp.conf files.

The existing recipe includes an ntp.conf file. My question is what is
the best way to replace the on from the recipe with a machine specific
config.

There are a couple of config issues:

1) hardware may want to sync with an on board gps
2) A vendor may want to use their own ntp servers.

Obviously, these need to apply only to specific machines and not all
builds from the same set of layers.

Any ideas how to do this without making the entire ntp package machine
specific?

Should we split the conf file into a separate recipe, sort of like gpsd?

Philip