[oe] [meta-freescale] Chromium crashes on HTML5 video tag

Nikolay Dimitrov picmaster at mail.bg
Thu Jul 2 20:40:25 UTC 2015

Hi Michael,

On 07/02/2015 04:10 PM, Michael Hargreaves wrote:
> Hi Nikolay,
>
> On 2/07/2015 10:00 PM, openembedded-devel-request at lists.openembedded.org
> wrote:
>>> Release
>> The chromium debug binary is 3.1GiB, there's no way to run this on my
>> ARM target. If you have other suggestions how to extract trace/debug
>> info, I would be glad to try them.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Nikolay
> I hit a similar issue on intel platform since updating meta-browser. It
> wasn't crashing, but was getting the 'Aw, Snap' chromium page on any
> html5 video or audio.

This means exactly that the browser tab has crashed (it resides in a
separate sandboxed process).

> It turned out to be because the ffmpeg codecs have been separated into
> their own split package.
> Adding both 'chromium' and 'chromium-codecs-ffmpeg' to the IMAGE_INSTALL
> resolved the issue for me.
> Possibly not the same issue, but sounds similar.

Well, I found additional issues with Chromium, so it seems important to
really analyze the crash. I don't think me or someone else will be able
to fix the issue by just moving libs around, without understanding the
problem (Chromium is now almost 17M LOCS, not good for guessing).

Regards,
Nikolay