[oe] [meta-qt5] package using cmake_qt5 that uses translations fails in cmake due to not being able to find lrlease

Cody P Schafer dev at codyps.com
Thu Jul 9 14:48:03 UTC 2015

It seems like some of Qt5's cmake machinery verifies that lrelease and
lupdate exist at fixed paths that aren't correct when we're
cross-compiling.

Actual error:

| CMake Error at
/home/cody/obj/y/tmp/sysroots/beaglebone/usr/lib/cmake/Qt5LinguistTools/Qt5LinguistToolsConfig.cmake:22
(message):
|   The package "Qt5LinguistTools" references the file
|
|      "/usr/bin/qt5/lrelease"
|
|   but this file does not exist.  Possible reasons include:
|
|   * The file was deleted, renamed, or moved to another location.
|
|   * An install or uninstall procedure did not complete successfully.
|
|   * The installation package was faulty and contained
|
|      "/home/cody/obj/y/tmp/sysroots/beaglebone/usr/lib/cmake/Qt5LinguistTools/Qt5LinguistToolsConfig.cmake"
|
|   but not all the files it references.
|
| Call Stack (most recent call first):
|   /home/cody/obj/y/tmp/sysroots/beaglebone/usr/lib/cmake/Qt5LinguistTools/Qt5LinguistToolsConfig.cmake:38
(_qt5_LinguistTools_check_file_exists)