[oe] [meta-browser] firefox not working for me (only)

Max Krummenacher max.oss.09 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 20:18:21 UTC 2015

> > * firefox fails with illeagal ARM instruction

That sounds familiar, I thought then that it was specific to our setup
with the binary Tegra X driver and the armv7a without neon setup, that's
why I did not upstream my patches.

> >> BTW, I just tested both chromium and firefox on the i.MX6Q and RPi2
> >> and they worked just fine.  Built from meta-browser:0cc0419a
> >>
> > Thanks for information. Let's focus on firefox's illegal ARM
> > instruction crasher:
> >
> > * Last time I felt the only one facing a specific error it was caused
> > by angstrom enabling thumb(2) for ARM (long story @meta-fsl-arm).
> > Gary: I assume, you don't have thumb enabled - right?
> > * firefox doesn't crash with "--safe-mode"
>
> I am not using thumb - off the shelf configurations for RaspberryPi2 and
> BoundaryDevices nitrogen6x built with $DISTRO=poky are the ones I've tested.

Actually I use Angstrom with the instruction set defaulting to ARM.

> > Looking into meta-browser I saw that firefox pins ARM_INSTRUCTION_SET
> > = "arm" but firefox-l10n does not. When having some time left over
> > (=never) I will test with thumb disabled for firefox-l10n and
> > chromium.
> >
> > Andreas

Have a look at
http://git.toradex.com/cgit/meta-toradex.git/tree/recipes-mozilla/firefox?h=V2.4-next

alignment.patch,
Prevent-SIGILL-crashes-on-ARMv6-builds-built-with-the-NDK_10.0esr.patch .

If usefull I could send a patch for meta-browser.

Regards,
Max