[oe] [meta-browser] New chromium warnings

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Tue Jun 30 15:46:45 UTC 2015

On 2015-06-30 09:32, Burton, Ross wrote:
> On 30 June 2015 at 16:09, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm now seeing these warnings with the latest OE-core:
>>    WARNING: chromium: invalid PACKAGECONFIG: component-build
>>    WARNING: chromium: invalid PACKAGECONFIG: use-gl
>>    WARNING: chromium: invalid PACKAGECONFIG: ignore-lost-context
>>
>> I looked at the recipes and those config strings are not mentioned
>> in the PACKAGECONFIG setup which is what is triggering the error.
>>

> Can you verify this with bitbake -e?  Maybe a conf file is adding them.

They are coming from meta-fsl-arm/browser-layer/recipes-browser/chromium/chromium-imx.inc
and my local.conf.  The chromium recipe checks the PACKAGECONFIG variable
for these settings, but is not using PACKAGECONFIG the normal way.  It's
just the warnings that are new.

I suspect the chromium recipe(s) need to be rewritten to play nice
with PACKAGECONFIG...