[oe] [OE-core] Feature Freeze

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Wed Mar 4 15:20:18 UTC 2015

On 16 February 2015 at 17:36, Richard Purdie <
richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> I have to admit I've lost track of time a bit however the calender says
> Milestone 3 (M3) finishes this week and that marks "feature freeze" for
> the release. Beyond this point we have M4 which which is targeted for
> bug fixing only, no extra features and no package upgrades in general.

Judging by the number of package upgrades on the list in the last few days
not everyone saw this, so I'll repeat it just to make sure:

Milestone 3 is closed, so OpenEmbedded-Core is now Feature Frozen.  Version
upgrades are considered features.  So, no more version upgrades from now
unless you have an *awesome* reason.

I'll be occasionally collating the version upgrades that get sent into a
"later" branch for basic testing but obviously the focus from now until
release is stabilising, fixing, and releasing.  It's probably preferable to
sit on any upgrades you were doing until we thaw so they can be sent
against master instead of needing to be rebased.

Regards,
Ross