[oe] [meta-oe] build error using read-only-rootfs with samba

Johannes Pointner johannes.pointner at gmail.com
Thu May 7 06:33:09 UTC 2015

Hello,

I recently upgraded to fido and tried to build core-image-x11 but I get the
following error if I include the samba package:

Collected errors:
* extract_archive: Cannot create symlink from ./var/log to 'volatile/log':
File exists.

I think I was able to find the cause of the problem, it seems that samba
package is trying to install /var/volatile/log/samba as well as samba-base
package by using the volatile script.

But I'm not sure, why the samba package is creating /var/volatile/log/samba.

Thx,
Hannes