[oe] [meta-browser] chromium libffmpeg

Ian Coolidge ian at boundarydevices.com
Wed Nov 4 01:50:29 UTC 2015

It looks like it is statically set within the code in the function
InitializeMediaLibrary(module_dir)

Doing a `grep -r -B 5 -A 5 "initializeMediaLibrary" *` of the chromium code
shows a few places looking in DIR_EXE for the library instead of DIR_MODULE.

In particular, I see webmediaplayer_factory.cc initializing the media
library and looking in DIR_EXE. Is this what would play videos from an html
<video> tag?

I'm finding chromium looking in DIR_EXE for libffmpegsumo.so when chromium
is launched with this script:

#!/bin/sh
> export DISPLAY=:0
> export HOME=/tmp/chromium
> export GOOGLE_API_KEY=ZZZZ
> export GOOGLE_DEFAULT_CLIENT_ID=XXXX
> export GOOGLE_DEFAULT_CLIENT_SECRET=YYYY
> export CHROME_DEVEL_SANDBOX=/usr/sbin/chrome-devel-sandbox
> export CHROME_EXTRA_ARGS=" \
>         --user-data-dir=/tmp/chromium \
>         --data-path=/tmp/chromium \
>         --disk-cache-dir=/tmp/chromium \
>         --disk-cache-size=16777216 \
>         --use-gl=egl \
>         --gpu-no-context-lost \
>         --start-fullscreen \
>         --enable-logging=stderr \
>         --no-first-run \
>         --disable-touch-drag-drop \
>         --enable-file-cookies \
> "
> /usr/bin/chromium/chrome ${CHROME_EXTRA_ARGS} $@

and with this simple vid.html as the page source:

>           <video id="myVideo" height="240" autoplay loop>
>                <source src="/app/test.mp4" type="video/mp4">
>           </video>

Thoughts?
Thanks!
-Ian