[oe] [OE-core] qt4 moves out of oe-core - to meta-qt4, or to meta-oe?

Alexander Kanavin alexander.kanavin at linux.intel.com
Mon Nov 16 09:43:30 UTC 2015

On 11/13/2015 01:46 PM, Martin Jansa wrote:

>>> To be honest, I had anticipated this being a separate meta-qt4 repo myself. It
>>> would be consistent with what has been done with Qt 5 and much earlier with
>>> Qt 3.
>>
>> Agreed.
>
> I'm also fine with separate layer.
>
> Even better for me, I'll be less tempted to include it in my world
> builds and to fix qt-mobility-* issues.

Making a separate repository with this layer is even more disruptive,
and complicates administration and maintenance. I'm not going to handle
those. So I'll make a meta-qt4 layer under meta-oe, and it's fine if
there is no official maintainer or ongoing build testing for it at least
until someone volunteers to pick it up.

Alex