[oe] volunteers for meta-qt4 repo maintenance?

Alexander Kanavin alexander.kanavin at linux.intel.com
Mon Nov 16 10:26:05 UTC 2015

On 11/16/2015 12:07 PM, Andreas Oberritter wrote:
>> Making a separate repository with this layer is even more disruptive,
>> and complicates administration and maintenance. I'm not going to handle
>> those. So I'll make a meta-qt4 layer under meta-oe, and it's fine if
>> there is no official maintainer or ongoing build testing for it at least
>> until someone volunteers to pick it up.
>
> Basically everyone agreed on moving qt4 to its own repo. And your
> conclusion is to ignore that and move qt4 to meta-openembedded, already
> expecting bitrot?

Are you willing to be the maintainer of that separate repo? So far no
one has stepped up for this job. In this situation, it's better to keep
the recipes under meta-openembedded tree and mark them as unmaintained.

I'll ask this explicitly - any volunteers for a separate meta-qt4
repository and layer maintenance?

Alex