[oe] meta-toolchain-qt5, qttools-plugins and -nomake examples

Anders Darander anders at chargestorm.se
Thu Oct 22 12:28:46 UTC 2015

* Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail at webthatworks.it> [151022 14:13]:

> I think I've been able to find all and only the packages that should be
> conditionally added to RDEPENDS in packagegroup-qt5-toolchain-target.bb from
> opengl.

> I finally discovered why there was a problem with meta-toolchain-qt5 and
> qttools-plugins... qttools-plugins doesn't get build when

> -nomake examples

> Now I don't understand:
> - why nobody noticed this problem that doesn't seem related to opengl or
> x11. Was it hidden by something else that I should take care when trying to
> fix it? No one is actually baking meta-toolchain-qt5?...

Or in my case mostly been staled on an older release...

> - what should be considered a correct solution:
> * simply remove the package that doesn't really seem that useful in a
> toolchain (they should be example plugins for qtcreator)

That what work for me.

> * conditionally add it just if qt get build with examples [1]

Well, this would likely be harder, as one recipe can't access the
meta data from another recipe.

Though, you could likely get the same effect by moving qttools-plugins
from RDEPENDS to RRECOMMENDS. Then it'll be added if it exist, while you
won't get any errors if it doesn't exist.

Cheers,
Anders

--
Anders Darander