[oe] [meta-browser] Recipes draft for Chromium V45 and V47

Andre McCurdy armccurdy at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 04:39:40 UTC 2015

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 3:12 AM, Julien Brianceau (jbriance)
<jbriance at cisco.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> It still needs some cleanup before upstream, comments are welcome.
>
> I think it would be great to take the opportunity to clarify license declaration in chromium recipes.
> Currently, LICENSE is set to BSD only for chromium recipes, through chromium.inc file.
> Archives from http://gsdview.appspot.com/chromium-browser-official contain third party source code (ffmpeg for instance) that is not BSD licensed, whereas it is compiled by the recipe.
>
> Shouldn't licenses from 3rd party code compiled by chromium be declared in the recipe as well ?

Yes, they should. The crosswalk browser recipe seems to do a pretty
good job and could be a starting point for other Chromium based
recipes.

https://github.com/crosswalk-project/meta-crosswalk/blob/master/recipes-crosswalk/crosswalk/crosswalk_12.40.295.0.bb