[oe] qtmultimedia + qt5.3.2 + yocto dizzy

Stephano Cetola stephanoc at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 16:32:02 UTC 2015

On 10/23, Stefano Gurrieri wrote:
> Hi Stephano,
> thanks for your fast reply.
>
> I tried to follow this link, but without success.
> Specifically, I tried to add:
>
> PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-qtmultimedia= " gstreamer010" in my local.conf
>
> and I've added this part of code in qtmultimedia.inc recipe:
>
> do_configure_prepend() { # disable openal test if it isn't enabled by
> PACKAGECONFIG sed -i 's/^qtCompileTest(openal)/OE_OPENAL_ENABLED:
> qtCompileTest(openal)/g' ${S}/qtmultimedia.pro # disable gstreamer-0.10
> test if it isn't enabled by PACKAGECONFIG sed -i 's/^\( *\)qtCompileTest(
> gstreamer)/\1OE_GSTREAMER010_ENABLED:qtCompileTest(gstreamer) {/g' ${S}
> /qtmultimedia.pro}
> and removed patches:
>
> SRC_URI += "\
>     file://0001-Initial-porting-effort-to-GStreamer-1.0.patch \
>     file://0002-qtmultimedia.pro-Respect-OE_GSTREAMER_ENABLED-OE_GST.patch \
> "
>
> present in my original qtmultimedia.inc file.
>
> Then I bake my qt5-custom-image successfully. Now, on my target, in
> /usr/lib/qt5/plugins/mediaservice, I see:
> libgstaudiodecoder.so  libgstcamerabin.so  libgstmediacapture.so
> libgstmediaplayer.so
>
> but when I try to run (for example) videowidget application or player
> application, I see these error:
>
> GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_object_ref_sink: assertion 'G_IS_OBJECT
> (object)' failed

Hmmm, I have never seen this error. Sounds like some Gstreamer plugins
may be missing.

Have a look at this custom image:

http://wiki.wandboard.org/index.php/Building_Qt5_using_yocto_on_Wandboard

I have used that in the past to successfully test video. Perhaps there
are some packages in that image that you are missing. Hope this helps.