[oe] OE/Yocto developer survey

Cliff Brake cbrake at bec-systems.com
Mon Oct 26 19:18:54 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'd like to get some feedback on the following questions -- feel free
to respond to list, or directly to me, and I'll withhold your
name/company from any results.

I would like to collect feedback until 2015-11-02, and will summarize
the results after that.

My goal with this survey is to get a sense for best practices and what
is most commonly used among Yocto/OE developers so I can better advise
clients using Yocto/OE.  Hopefully this will also generate some
interesting discussions.

How long have you been using OE?  _____

How do you use OE/Yocto?
[  ] product development
[  ] hobby/research/education/yocto core developer, etc

What distro do you use?
[  ] Poky
[  ] Angstrom
[  ] nodistro or custom

How do you organize multiple git repos?
[  ] Git submodules
[  ] Repo
[  ] Other

What packaging system?
[  ] OPKG
[  ] RPM
[  ] Other

What GUI toolkits?
[  ] Qt
[  ] Gtk
[  ] EFL
[  ] HTML5/JS
[  ] Other

What init system?
[  ] systemd
[  ] sysvinit
[  ] busybox init
[  ] Other

What libc?
[  ] glibc
[  ] uclibc
[  ] musl
[  ] Other

How do you develop custom applications?
[  ] application-SDK
[  ] devshell
[  ] develop on PC, test on target
[  ] Other

What language do you primarily use for custom applications?
[  ] C
[  ] C++
[  ] Python
[  ] Javascript
[  ] Lua
[  ] Other

What do you use for Continuous Integration?
[  ] Buildbot
[  ] Jenkins
[  ] Other

Do you use any any of the tooling projects
(https://www.yoctoproject.org/tools-resources/projects) such as ADT,
Hob, Toaster, etc?

Reasons or explanations are appreciated, and please feel free to
include additional choices/information you think are relevant.

Thanks,
Cliff