[oe] checking if a patch was approved

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue Oct 27 11:37:36 UTC 2015

On Tuesday 27 October 2015 08:12:48 Nicolas Dechesne wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 12:12 AM, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
> <mail at webthatworks.it> wrote:
> > I saw many patch passing by and I submitted a couple about
> > meta-toolchain-qt5.
> > I didn't see any message from Otavio or Martin "approving" a patches.
> >
> > How can I check if it was approved other than pulling from the
> > repo/checking github?
> >
> > Or if there is no place to check... consider this a ping ;)
>
> all commits are published on
> openembedded-commits at lists.openembedded.org mailing list, and in
> general you see when it's pushed in master-next, then in master.. i
> have a mail filter that checks my name there.. it's the poor man
> solution.. but it works. Note that the email trigger has been broken
> for 2 weeks.. but i suspect this is a temporary issue that should be
> fixed..

FWIW there are a small number of us working on improving patchwork so that
we're able to rely upon the results it shows as being the outstanding patches
in the queue and potentially even send email notifications to submitters (opt-
in). I'd also like to go a step further and trigger some automatic validation
on patches. At the moment we're trying to figure out if we're able to spend the
time working on this in the next development cycle.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton