[oe] [OE-core] State of libcs in OE-Core glibc/uclibc/musl

Roman Khimov roman at khimov.ru
Fri Oct 30 11:10:42 UTC 2015

В письме от 29 октября 2015 08:42:31 пользователь Khem Raj написал:
> 1. Drop kconfig support in glibc and we become inline with upstream

No opinion on this.

> 2. Move musl support to OE-Core from meta-musl

I would certainly support this kind of for musl.

> 3. Drop uclibc or leave it in current broken state, I would like to pull it
> out into a layer in meta-openembedded and we can leave the core plumbing as
> it is in OE-Core

But I don't think that moving uClibc out of OE Core is OK with the next
release. We do use it and there are probably some users too, I think it's
better to have a longer transition period for this kind of change, like make
the next release support three libcs and only move uClibc to meta-oe in a
subsequent release. This would give everyone some time to evaluate
alternatives rather than forcing to make choices right at the OE Core update
when usually there are lots of other things that need to be fixed.

> 4. Poky-tiny switches to use musl

No opinion on this.