[oe] Where is libunique?

Alexander Kanavin alexander.kanavin at linux.intel.com
Mon Sep 7 12:33:09 UTC 2015

On 09/07/2015 12:13 PM, Mike Looijmans wrote:
> Current meta-openembedded master fails to build with errors like this:
>
> ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'libunique' (but
> .../meta-oe/meta-gnome/recipes-gnome/gnome-disk-utility/gnome-disk-utility_2.32.0.bb
> DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it).
>
> Searching for 'unique' in meta-openembedded and openembedded-core
> reveiled nothing that would provide it, there's no recipe with 'unique'
> in its name, nor any recipe that mentions the word 'unique' provides it,
> even though I found various recipes that DEPEND on it.
>
> Where is libunique?

You should check not just the current state of master branches of
various layers, but also their commit history.

libunique was just removed from oe-core and a patch was sent to add it
to meta-oe. There is no way to keep the removal/addition perfectly in
sync because the two layers are kept in separate repos and have
different maintainers.

Regards,
Alex