[oe] Where is libunique?

Mike Looijmans mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Mon Sep 7 17:25:36 UTC 2015

On 07-09-15 17:09, Martin Jansa wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 07, 2015 at 03:33:09PM +0300, Alexander Kanavin wrote:
>> On 09/07/2015 12:13 PM, Mike Looijmans wrote:
>>> Current meta-openembedded master fails to build with errors like this:
>>>
>>> ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'libunique' (but
>>> .../meta-oe/meta-gnome/recipes-gnome/gnome-disk-utility/gnome-disk-utility_2.32.0.bb
>>> DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it).
>>>
>>> Searching for 'unique' in meta-openembedded and openembedded-core
>>> reveiled nothing that would provide it, there's no recipe with 'unique'
>>> in its name, nor any recipe that mentions the word 'unique' provides it,
>>> even though I found various recipes that DEPEND on it.
>>>
>>> Where is libunique?
>>
>> You should check not just the current state of master branches of
>> various layers, but also their commit history.

Oh sure, make it my fault.
FYI, I did look in the log, and I didn't find anything about libunique
in the meta-openembedded repo. It somehow never occured to me to go look
for it in other repos too.

>> libunique was just removed from oe-core and a patch was sent to add it
>> to meta-oe. There is no way to keep the removal/addition perfectly in
>> sync because the two layers are kept in separate repos and have
>> different maintainers.
>
> This case can be prevented by adding it to meta-oe before it's removed
> from oe-core (just like when someone is migrating recipes from meta-oe
> to oe-core, they are first added to oe-core and then removed from
> meta-oe).

I was going to suggest that too.

Maybe this would make a good entry for the maintainers handbook?

--
Mike Looijmans