[oe] Fido backports

Otavio Salvador otavio.salvador at ossystems.com.br
Fri Sep 18 17:23:02 UTC 2015

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 1:59 PM, akuster808 <akuster808 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> If noone has objections I would like to propose the backport of:
>>>
>>> # Upgrade
>>> 2c57f950a
>
> Is going from 0.9.2 -> 1.2.1 bug or security fixes ? Give me a real good
> reason to allow this.

Neither that I am aware of. That is why I split those two as I knew
this need discussion.

We need this for one project and we can keep using a local backport;
this was just for reduce delta for something which seems safe.

>>> # New recipe
>>> 2315f412f6
>
> I thought adding new recipes to a maintenance branch was not allowed ?

I think it depends on situation. I think we ought to avoid adding new
features when possible, specially for old branches as this motivates
people to upgrade.

Have said that, I am biased here so I prefer to not argument in favor
of inclusion or not. As the upgrade, we can keep a local backport for
it.