[oe] [meta-qt5] Qt SDK seems to be broken

Ryan Elkholy, PhD, PE ryanelkholy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 16:26:01 UTC 2016

Hello,

I have created the Qt SDK after including the meta-qt5 layer. Once the SDK
was created I installed QtCreator after including the environment setup
script at the top of the qtcreator.sh file. After I run qtcreator.sh and
QtCreator opens, I noticed that the Build and Run settings were not
automatically detected. I further realised that I saw the following error
under "General Messages" upon startup:

"QML module does not contain information about components contained in
plugins.

Module path: /home/ryan/Qt/5.6/gcc_64/qml/Qt/labs/controls/material
See "Using QML Modules with Plugins" in the documentation.

Automatic type dump of QML module failed.
Errors:
"/home/ryan/Qt/SDK/sysroots/corei7-64-custom_distro-linux/usr/bin/qt5/qmlplugindump"
failed to start: No such file or directory
Arguments: -nonrelocatable Qt.labs.controls.material 1.0
/home/ryan/Qt/5.6/gcc_64/qml
"

It says it cannot find qmlplugindump, but I clearly see it in the path.

Regardless, I went along and I manually chose the compiler/debugger/version
using the SDK and made a kit for my target. After doing so I made a sample
app that required the following:

Qt += quick qml

After trying to build I got the following compiler errors:

"
Makefile:659: warning: overriding commands for target `install_target'
Makefile:650: warning: ignoring old commands for target `install_target'
Makefile:663: warning: overriding commands for target `uninstall_target'
Makefile:654: warning: ignoring old commands for target `uninstall_target'
g++  -o testapp main.o qrc_qml.o   -lQt5Quick -lQt5Gui -lQt5Qml
-lQt5Network -lQt5Core -lGLESv2 -lpthread
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lQt5Quick
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lQt5Qml
make: *** [testapp] Error 1
09:11:02: The process "/usr/bin/make" exited with code 2.
Error while building/deploying project testapp (kit: Minnowboard Qt 5.6.0
GCC 64bit)
When executing step "Make"
09:11:02: Elapsed time: 00:00.
"

Specifically, it cannot find Qt5Quick and Qt5Qml libraries, which again I
clearly see in the SDK library path. I have been trying many things to fix
this and I have even manually added the library paths, but nothing seems to
work. Does anyone have any idea for a fix?

Thanks ahead of time!

-Ryan